Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Bantry ahead …

    April 13, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 54 °F

    161 miles today from Galway to Bantry.At home that’s very do able, but in Ireland it can be a longish trip .
    The Google maps navigator seems to always include no name / no number roads that are not on the paper detailed map .
    These are mysterious roads that link the named and numbered roads and are basically cow or sheep paths just wide enough for one small car.
    Every time I see that our route directions include these mystery roads, I try to figure out another way using the map.Sometimes I succeed🙏

    Jörg honestly likes the driving challenges❤️ .One more reason I am forever grateful to have a life partner like him.

    That’s how we got these gorgeous photos of the Burren national park area and of driving over the Cork Mountains to Bantry.
    That’s true in many parts of life, right ? (Taking the unknown path ? ) Cue the song ;
    ( God Bless the Broken
    Road )

    The Perfumery in The Burren was as stellar as usual with all of their scented products made with 100 percent organic floral essences, and their lovely gardens are a favorite .
    We both love the stark glory of the Burren.

    Glad to arrive a few minutes ago , almost 7 pm local time.
    The Maritime Hotel in Bantry has huge windows that open to the street so you have a glimpse of the sea and the scent of the salt air .
    Lovely .
    Ps I am having difficulty posting this so I keep trying ..
    Meanwhile Facebook posts are up …
    Read more