Satellite
  • Day 6

    Taipei

    July 29, 2017 in Taiwan ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    This capital is pretty much like every other capital there is - crowds of people, busy streets, skyscrappers. But we also discovered a little bit more than that. We went to Taipei 101 in the morning which was the tallest building once upon a time. The observertory is on the 89th floor. From there, the entire city can be seen. Though unlucky for us, it was a rather cloudy day.
    In the afternoon, we headed for Elephant Hill. It was a long hike up. Took us a little less than an hour. Of course, it wouldn't have been that long if not for the rain, wind and our achey overworked legs. It was a rather pretty trail with lots of lavenders growing at the sides. From there, Taipei 101 can be seen clearly. We didn't spend much time there due to the worsening weather.
    By nightfall, the weather had gotten worse. We were planning to go to the Shilin Night Market, but when we reached Jiantan station we aborted that mission due to the strong winds and heavy rains. It just didn't seem safe. Only then I found out that Typhoon Nesat has been messing around with us. Hopefully, our train back to Kaohsiung and flight back to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow will be on schedule.
    Read more