Satellite
Show on map
  • Paris

    October 8, 2019 in France ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Paris!

    Unfortunately during our last day in Venice, I have acquired a cold and so we started our first day in Paris slowly. It was also raining the entire day.

    Though everything was stacked against day 1 in Paris, I had a great time. We started with Notre Dame, though it is closed due to the recent fire. It was way bigger then I thought and very gothic architecture.

    We then walked along Champs-Élysées, known for its luxury brands and the finish line of the Tour de France. At the end of this Avenue is the Arc de Triomphe, which is also much large then I thought, it took inspiration from Rome but on a much larger scale.

    And the finish the day off, the Eiffel Tower. As it was a very gloomy day, the pictures do not do it justice. There happened to be a 130 year exhibition on so we got lots of information about it, such as that it used to be Red?
    It is repainted every 7 years and the colour slightly changes each time. At the moment it is a rusty bronze colour.

    We had dinner at a restaurant recommended by our host and of course we had to Snails! They were very chewy but in a delicious butter and garlic sauce. I was pleasantly surprised.

    Tomorrow the Louvre!
    Read more