Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 194

    Signy Island, Antarctica

    15 de noviembre de 2023, Antártida ⋅ ❄️ -1 °C

    On a recent visit to Signy Island, the captivating dance of nature unfolded as Chinstrap and Adele penguins claimed the spotlight. Amidst the rugged Antarctic landscape, Adele penguins were already deep into the breeding season, with nests cradling precious eggs.

    The Adele penguins, known for their distinct black and white plumage, displayed a heartwarming scene of parental dedication as they diligently tended to their nests. The air was filled with the gentle sounds of their calls, echoing across the icy expanse.

    However, the day took a dramatic when one audacious skua descended, causing a commotion as it irritated and challenged the penguins, moving from one nest to another, sowing unrest. The tension reached its peak when a vigilant penguin, momentarily distracted, made a crucial mistake and shifted slightly away from its egg. Seizing the opportunity, the skua swiftly grabbed the precious egg and took flight, leaving the penguin colony in a moment of unexpected loss and vulnerability.

    This unexpected encounter provided a stark reminder of the challenges faced by these resilient birds in the harsh Antarctic environment. Nature's delicate balance was on full display, showcasing the interplay of life and survival in one of the planet's most extreme ecosystems.
    Leer más