Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 25

    Cataratas Iguazú - Argentina

    27 April 2023, Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Half hour bus to the Argentine side of the falls for exploring today. This side is bigger and more trails spread out along the edge of the falls to explore. Started early and walked the two closer trails - beautiful and peaceful, only saw a handful of other tourists on those trials which was awesome. Nice views and bridges over the various smaller falls that cascade in several levels along the way. Saw a toucan, a frog of some kind, cool butterflies, a huge spider, and some condors (I think) soaring above the falls.

    Then walked further to the boardwalk out to the Devils Throat. Found all the other tourists! Here you walked maybe 600m along a boardwalk across the river at the top of the falls to a platform perched precariously above the rushing water. You can see and feel the insane amount of water roaring through the falls. Amazing! I think the water level is quite high right now, so there was a lot of mist aswell, but it came and went and through the gaps you could see across to Brazil. Occasionally got wet as the wind blew a gust of mist over the viewpoint.

    Then took a little train that trundled back to the front of the park. Lots of Cuoties as well, and they like to steal peoples food when they aren’t looking. Watch out!

    From the front I walked another 3km trail out to a smaller waterfall. Enjoyed that walk a lot, not many people do that one so it was quiet and you could hear the sounds of the jungle. Saw a couple of monkeys high up in a tree eating fruit from a tree and dropping the seeds.

    Later in the afternoon I headed back to town and had a struggle to change money, then chilled at the hostel until my night bus at 11:30pm. Next stop: Paraguay!
    Baca selengkapnya