Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Feliz Cumpleaños

    August 4, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Today is Colm’s 11th birthday. He usually celebrates his birthday on holidays with lots of his cousins in Kerry so this had to be a good one to make up for the lack of party guests!
    We wake up to rain but rather than it putting a dampener on things it has the opposite effect - guilt free movie watching in bed .
    When Captain America finishes Colm opens the door to his party. The Saloon is decorated with streamers and balloons and there are fresh cakes and croissants from the bakery. He gets cards and lots for presents from the local Chinese- anything-you-need shop. He is especially delighted with a card Nana had snuck onto the boat before we ever departed Cork. There are phone calls full of well wishes and love for the birthday boy.
    As the weather clears we pack up and get a taxi to a huge and beautiful beach. We have a wonderful afternoon playing with his new Chinese beach tennis set and water squirter. There are great waves on the beach and we bodyboard and body surf the afternoon away.
    We all get dressed up when we get home and go out for a delicious dinner in Muros. The celebrations finish off with an ice cream on the waterfront at 10pm. It has been a great birthday for everyone.
    Read more