Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Combarro

    August 15, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We enjoy the change of being tied up at a marina. SUP and dingy tied up, we can step off Régal and wander up the town whenever we want.
    Cambarro is a beautiful town and buses of tourists come to walk through its historic narrow streets that are carved into the rock. The town is famous for ‘horreos’ - old raised stone grain stores. These stone structures are all over Galicia but it is the number of them in town that brings tourists like us to Combarro. There are horreos outside houses, in gardens and allotments and lining part of the shore. We go full tourist on our first evening and eat Paella in the square in the old town.
    I order Albarino, the local white wine which has become my tipple of late. The waitress, when she brings it, takes a wobble and spills it all over Colm- he is drenched in it. Not to worry, the boat is only 5 minutes away so he and Ruby dash back for a hose down and change of clothes while I get served another glass. The benefits of being at docked at a marina.
    Later we get a taste of traditional music with the wandering pipe band - we are in tourist heaven.
    Read more