Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Home visit

    August 22, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We wake up to a heavy fog that has obscured most of our neighbours. We have been surprised by the dampness here in Galicia, there is dew most mornings despite very hot days. It is lovely to watch the fog burn off and see landscape and boats around us emerge.
    We are invited to Maggie and Paul’s house today so we set off from Régal, towards the 3rd beach over, using 3 modes of transport; swim, SUP and dingy.
    Maggie and Paul welcome us to their beautiful home which is just a short walk up from the beach. We are thrilled to be shown around and we ooh and aah at every turn - it’s idyllic. The grapevines are heavy with fruit, the view from the patio overlooks the gleaming bay and the bathroom sinks light up! We have a wonderful few hours chatting and eating gorgeous chocolate brownies and pear cake made from their own pears. The kids love the train set in the attic and fishpond but best of all was when they found the telly- Something from home that is dearly missed.
    We were all inspired by the wonderful life that Maggie and Paul have made here in Galicia as well as by their openness and generosity it was a lovely visit.
    Read more