Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 321

    A weekend with May and Shamie

    May 28, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Note: This chapter was written by Ruby :^)

    My cousin May and her boyfriend Shamie are on holidays in Mallorca for Shamies 19 birthday!We are looking forward to meeting them for a few days of their visit.
    We motor out of Porto Colom, bright and early, on Saturday morning. Puttering along the coast, we stick our heads into a few little harbours before going to anchor in one. This particular place is our rendezvous point to meet May and Shamie, and is aptly named Cala Romántica.
    Dad and Colm go in to the beach to pick up our guests on the dinghy, whilst Mom and I eagerly await their arrival. After they arrive we all go swimming together off the back off the boat and then we settle down with some delicious sandwiches. After lunch, May, Shamie, Colm and I get on to the SUPs, and paddle around each other in the clear turquoise water.
    We dry off, lift our anchor and head to Porto Cristo. Docking was a bit stressful but soon forgotten once the merits of this lovely port come into focus. There is a majestic black catamaran motor cruiser just across from us, and we soon find out that it belongs to none other then Rafael Nadal, the No.1 tennis player in the world!
    Everyone goes for a quick shower or a dip at the nearby beach and we get ready to hit the town. Ronan stays at the boat to listen a rugby match while the rest of us go into a bar for an aperitif. We meet dad at a seaside restaurant and have a gorgeous meal together before May and Shamie head home.

    Sunday morning is spent chatting with our neighbours. The crew of Kaos, a yacht who also spent winter in Cartagena , visit for coffee. Then we chat to Kit on Tiger Lilly, the boat-next-door. May and Shamie come soon afterwards and we get ready to go on the water and explore the harbour.
    On the two SUPs and in the dinghy, the six of us paddled out of the marina. We go to a little cove and then snorkel, SUP and dinghy along the cliffs and back into towards the beach. Colm and Shamie stop off and go jumping off the rocks with some locals.
    When we get back to the boat, Mom whips out a tray of pastries and serenades Shamie - it is his birthday after all.
    It’s time to say goodbye as they are going for a romantic dinner and we need to get ready for a day’s sailing tomorrow. It was truly wonderful to spend time with them
    Read more