Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 337

    Cool Calobra

    June 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    A Colm and Co. Production

    We arrive in Calobra bay in the warm evening and are greeted with a spectacular view of two huge cliffs, separated by a tiny beach. There are lots of boats here anchored close to the beach but the water is deep . We drop ours in 16 metres which is 4 times deeper then our last anchorage.
    We have a nice dinner then hit the hay.

    In the morning we dinghy to the small beach which is actually the mouth of a river . The fresh water only flows out to sea after heavy rain. We put on our sandals and start our adventure into the ravine. First we walk through the cliffs in tunnels that are cooly lit. After that we walk along the riverbed between the cliffs, looking at fish and frogs in the remaining river water. Dad spots a goat in the bushes , he is big and brown. He sees more on the cliff but I can’t see them.
    Mom, Ruby and I climb over rocks to continue following the river up through the narrowing ravine while dad guards our precious bottle of water. We return to Régal just as the beach is filling up with people from tour buses.
    Mom and I go on a sup (stand up paddleboard) around the cliffs. We see some wrasse and lots of sea urchins. When we get back to the boat we go for a cool-down swim in the deep blue water.
    We up our Rocna anchor and skedaddle.
    Read more