Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 385

    Cannigone

    July 31, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We spend a few days on a mooring bouy in Canningone, mainly taking care of the mundane. During the to-ing and fro-ing Ruby and Colm find a hot bed of fig trees and brambles laden with fruit. Picking the blackberries feels just like August at home.

    We rent a car for a day and put it to great use; There is a visit to the doctor, a pick up in DHL, and a trip to Decathlon and Lidl. We squeeze in a bit of touristy stuff too and enjoy some of Sardinia’s stunning landscape from the delightful coolness of our air- conditioned car. We drive through the Costa Smeralda, a haven for the rich developed by the Aga Khan in the 1960s.
    It is full of Superyachts and gated hotels and it is pristine. No sign of litter or fly-tipping here. Unfortunately we see rubbish on some of the other tourist routes we drive on. There is an element of shabbiness in Sardinia. Some of the towns feel a bit run down and facilitates can be less than clean.
    When we return from our road trip we are hungry and have to settle for a dive of a take away that has seating upstairs. I settle into my broken chair with a glass of Rosé. We have a glorious view out over the bay and eat the best pizza I have ever tasted. I couldn’t be happier.
    Read more