Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 444

    Day trips

    September 28, 2022 in France ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Our first week in Antibes flies by between boat jobs, home schooling and skip-diving. Now Colm and Ruby know all the best places in town to scavage for cardboard boxes which we need for shipping things home. Our glamourous yachting lifestyle is ending soon.

    Once DHL have collected the boxes we take the twenty minute train ride to Nice. We hop on a tram and head straight to the old town. We wander down through the lovely streets until we reach to the water front. There is a fine breeze blowing and we have a great time watching the azure water break into white waves and crash onto the stony beach. Ruby observes how funny it is that even when we are not on the boat we always find our way to the sea, its our favourite place to be.

    On another afternoon the skipper stays on board while we three hire bikes and cycle to Cap d’Antibes and Juan Les Pins. Over the phone Mum sings me ‘Where do you go to my lovely’ and I realise why ‘Juan Les Pins’ is so familiar. We stop for an ice cream and a swim at a pretty beach on Cap d’Antibes and decide to bring Donal and Margaret here when they come to visit in a few days time.
    Read more