Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 5

    Central Kalahari Game Reserve

    4. huhtikuuta 2023, Botswana ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    A place of remote beauty and peace…

    Imagine driving through vast pans covered in a sea of golden grass as far as the eye can see, then following bumpy sandy tracks hemmed in by thorny bushes until suddenly you come to a green pasture like field filled with yellow daisies and butterflies fluttering in shades of yellow orange and white.

    This surprising landscape blew us away with its wild beauty and contrasts.

    The Central Kalahari or “ Great Thirstland” as it was named by the indigenous Bushman people is the second largest game reserve in Africa and with only one campsite available in mist destinations it offers a rare opportunity to bask in solitude and harmony with Nature.
    We spent our first two days driving all day without seeing another soul !

    Our campsites are so special here. No fences separating us from wildlife some with simple structures for bucket showers and toilet and some without. Just a small central fire pit for nights around the campfire under the stars. Simple and perfect.

    A total reliance on what we have brought in with us makes for a great appreciation of each meal, firewood used and water the most precious of all.

    One morning we spend time watching a beetle harvest water from a leaf in the early hours before the heat of the day takes over. Here where waterholes are scarce and far between many animals ( and in the past the Bushmen ) rely solely on plants for water and at this time of year after good summer rains everything is flourishing and abundant.
    Lue lisää