Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Arriving in new york

    October 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 13 °C

    We arrived in nyc at 8 pm. The flight itself was pretty okay, spend my time playing yatzhee with Lize and watching the Big Ben.

    When we arrived we had to go through security and get our esta checked. This took some time. But after we were through our suitcases were already there. We went straight to the AirTrain, which went quite easily.

    When we arrived at the subway station Jamaica it was hard to buy the subway tickets. We didn't all have a credit card, which led to that Thirza and Anouk had to pay for all our tickets for the AirTrain. After that we had a lot of difficulty to find the unlimited subway card. We gave up and tapped in with our phone. Well, those turnstiles with big suitcases were definitely a problem and we all got stuck lmao.

    It was nearly 10:15pm when we finally sat in the subway.
    It was a 30 min drive and a 13 min walk to our airbnb. I kinda felt weird, not yet knowing the neighborhood and kind of feeling like a target with a really big suitcases. But when we arrived in our airbnb all was good. The room was super small, but big enough to lay all the suitcases on the ground.

    It was clean, thankgod.
    We went to bed straightaway since the dutch time already was like 6am the next morning. I was exhausted. Only to be wide awake the next morning at 5 am.
    Read more