Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Bonn

    December 20, 2018 in Germany ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    What a totally awesome day we had today in Bonn. Bonn was the capital of west Germany prior to the reunification. We stayed at the Haribo factory outlet shop, and boy did the kids go nuts on lollies. They have been warned that consumption will be monitored. Such fun though.

    We then went into the old town centre and it was just beautiful. Just by chance we had lunch in the Pizza Hut, which was the same one I had lunch in with mum and felicity in 1992 when I visited her.

    The Christmas markets in Bonn were the best we have been to so far. Beautiful gifts and stalls with wonderful food and carols playing. I totally over indulged in the chocolate coated strawberries. They were amazing! The best I have had so far.

    We then took a ride on the City Sky Liner which takes you up in the air then rotates so you get an awesome view of the city and the Rhine. It was really good.

    Our final stop before heading home on the autobahn was the History of Germany Museum from 1945 onwards. So much recent history and the museum was fantastic. We didn’t get to spend as much time as we would have liked due to having three children in tow, but they were pretty good and asked lots of questions.

    Tonight we are having Currywurst for dinner which is Vern’s favourite. Kids love it too.

    We are eating our way around Germany, yet again!
    Read more