Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Site seeing in the cold

    November 25, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 43 °F

    Once again, the weather was clear and dry.  However, it was still much colder than Russell was prepared for.  So one of our first stops was to find Russell some earmuffs.  Good thing there were places set up for tourists who came to London unprepared.

    Then we wandered about separately for a while.  I checked out some small Christmas markets and wandered about London streets, while Russell visited the National Portrait Gallery.  I ended up window shopping in a pretty ritzy area.  Saw these really good looking men's dress shores.  They were close to $1000, so they better be good looking!  Eventually, we met up again and did some more wandering.

    There was a large peace protest planned, but we tried to avoid the blocked off roads.  We ended up passing another giant blocked off road where they were filming a movie.  They were filming a car stunt while we were there and we got to see one take where a guy is jumping from the top of one moving car to another speeding vehicle.  I could only see the very beginning of the stunt, but it was still fun to see how much effort goes into about 10 seconds of screen time.

    After several hours of wandering around, we headed back to the hotel before heading to our early dinner reservation.
    Read more