Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Havana Ooo Na Na!

    May 19, 2018 in Cuba ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    So I set off solo from Orlando heading to Cubaaaaa! I've been wanting to head here for so long....one on the top on the giant bucket list so no pressure. Took a cab to Havana, hearing it was really safe but still hoping the taxi man wasn't going to kidnap me! So i sent Maj a pic of the back of the man's head....(it could help!). Just like Cuba it was all easy and laid back.
    Cuba instantly looked exactly as you would expect. Bright colours, stunning old (run down) buildings, amazing classic cars & old men rocking on the porches with cigars. Love it ❤
    Arrived at the air bnb (from the outside very dodge) but inside modern, clean & beer in the fridge. Being opposite the university steps it had a great view. Waiting for the girls to arrive which is exciting.....
    Took the afternoon to explore which threw me out a bit as very small parts of central Havana are much more kept, keeping the tourists happy, but then a few blocks in I was the only westerner wondering around with the locals at rush hour around very derelict buildings & dirtier streets.....But then that's the real Cuba! It's beautiful in its unique way but with investment it would all be something like the streets in Paris and very grand! Its a very simple existence still, I need to learn it's history......
    The girls are here!!! 😊 .....time to start the tour. #gadventures #cubarhythms
    Read more