Satellite
  • Day 7

    Nambucca Heads

    April 15, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 23 °C

    At the place we stayed for the night we met a nice woman from Poland who has been living in Sydney for some years. She quit her job two months ago and went on a road trip along the East Coast heading north. So she gave us some great advice over several glasses of goon about upcoming spots to visit.
    We went to the first one right after breakfast, Emerald Beach - really a little gem :) We stayed there for about two hours swimming and tanning before moving further South to Coffs Harbour. By the time we got there a market was going on. We took a stroll around the stands and got a free banana :) Besides that there wasn't much of interest so we decided to have a walk around the huge harbour area. Just as we arrived at the end of the pier a dolphin swam along it and chased a fish. A super random and interesting encounter.
    For the afternoon we stopped at the Nambucca Heads, a coastal/beach formation that is a busy getaway. Besides a walk along painted rocks we enjoyed our lunch there. The rock formation at the end of the walk is remarkable.
    For the night we ended up at Crescent Head, a small town which consists basically just of a huge Campground. Just in time to see the sunset and a horde of Mosquitos...
    Read more