Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Park Guell = Best Park Ever

    July 23, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    Another purchase in advance ticket. Our entry time was at 2:00 PM and we traveled on the HOHO bus on the Blue Line and hopped off at the Park Guell stop. Of note, the park is a little bit of a walk, uphill for most of the way, from the stop, but we did pass many shops and restaurants along the way. We popped into a random restaurant for a quick bite before going to the park. I tried the Estrella Damm beer for the first time.

    We made our way to the park and was overwhelmed by the size and how busy it was. It was also extremely HOT, but thankfully there were vendors selling bottled water for €1,50. There were also vendors selling random souvenirs and jewelry that were more reasonably priced than other places we checked out on the walk to the park.

    The park pictures here are from the grand entrance of the park, but because they try to keep foot traffic in one direction, you actually end in this area. There is a free app that comes with the ticket along with a park map. It’s a little confusing and the signs aren’t in English, but we were able to make it to all the places on the app and the highlights on the map.
    Read more