Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Eating around Genoa 🥐☕️🍝🥖

    July 28, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Once arriving at the port, we found the Tourist Information booth and got a map and found the sights we wanted to visit and did some eating along the way. Sydney got to try her first espresso (which she added a lot of sugar to). All the patisseries we passed looked amazing, but it was so hot…again, we really couldn’t eat much. We then made our way to a few historical sites, and ended up at Mercato Orientale, a large market selling anything and everything food wise you could possibly imagine. Too bad we don’t have a kitchen on the ship! Fresh pasta, fish, vegetables…you name it.

    After checking out the shopping district on Via XX Settembre, we walked the long way to make get to Eataly at Port Antico. There were also a ton of food items here, but more of an upgraded shopping experience versus the Mercato Orientale.

    After ordering our first suppli, with anchovies, we got our pasta dishes which were cooked al denté. Yummy! I tried a local wine and will definitely keep it on my list!

    After the our visit to the Aquarium, we hit the local McCafe, and I friend the panespresso…OMG, I think there was Nutella in the coffee!
    Read more