Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 96

    Bells Beach Pro 🔔🏄‍♂️🤙

    April 6, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Seeing all the top surfers in the world competing at Bells was incredibly special. They are amazing, carving massive turns and explosive airs on any wave dished up to them, and to witness it first hand was spectacular.
    We only booked accomodation for the first 3 days of the 10 day waiting period because everything else was booked out for Easter. After some poor conditions over the first 2 days we were hoping and wishing they would run the event on the 3rd day with some better conditions expected.
    We left the caravan park in the dark, boys on bikes and us on foot, making the 3.5 kilometre trek to Bells not knowing wether or not it was on or off. It was on! They surfed Winky Pop which has very limited viewing, however we were early and secured a bench seat we could stand on for uninterrupted views. As they started the comp they cranked the speakers up and blasted AC/DC Hells Bells, apparently it is tradition and boy did it get you exited. We watched all of our favourite surfers ripping it up. Jack Robinson, Toledo, Medina, Owen Wilson, John John, Molly Picklum, Sally Fitzgibbon, Steph Gilmore and more however we were all very exited to see Kelly Slater, the greatest surfer of all time. We were expecting something special when Kelly entered the water with Jack Robinson however he had a shocker, barley landing anything in the choppy conditions. Jack dominated the heat demonstrating why he is leading with multiple airs, massive turns and big scores, he was un believably good.
    Kelly is still the greatest and is so inspiring with all the things he has achieved. We heard he was signing and posing for pictures in the car park after his horrible performance, the kids got their hats signed and a photo with the legend. Kelly even smiled though you could tell he was devastated, it would have been so hard for him however he is a true champion and I hope he fights through the elimination round.
    Meeting Kelly Slater is something I will remember and talk about forever 🤙
    Read more