Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 203

    Franklin Islands Day 2

    22 Temmuz 2023, Avustralya ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    There is no better way then starting the day off with a cuppa and watching the turtles swim by.

    Whist looking out to sea Brett noticed a water spout, he quickly realised it was a whale.

    We put the lid on our travels mugs and pulled the anchor.

    We drove out to sea and topped the morning turtle viewing with a spectacular humpback whale show.

    We headed back to the bay for breakfast and swims. The blow up mattress was a hit, the boys played for hours making up games and exploring the island.

    After lunch we decided to have a snorkel, on the way out Brett spotted splashing in the bay. We thought it was a shark feeding on bait fish. We speed over, with the camera in hand, when Brax yells “it manta rays, 3 huge manta rays”. We could not believe our eyes. I had my snorkel and flippers on in a flash and I was ready to get in. We followed the manta rays and I jumped in, they were doing circles around each other. But they sure were fast. We followed them all over the bay. They started to stay in one spot again around the little island, Brett got the drone out, and I could not resist jumping back in again.

    What a day this was turning out to be, whales and Manta rays 😍.

    We finished off the arvo with a fish, Lachie was the only one to catch anything. A big bat fish, which we let go.

    The ocean was calm, but we learnt our lesson last night and stayed in the bay for the night.
    Okumaya devam et