Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Kaputas Beach and Kaş, Turkey

    November 17, 2023 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Today was the last day forecast to be sunny and warm so we were keen to find the perfect beach and make the most of it. The next part of the coast for us to explore was a road that wound directly along the cliff above the water on the way to the town of Kaş.

    We got away early and the weather was perfect. We arrived at the first place starred on the map and it didn’t disappoint! Kaputas Beach was the best beach we’d found by far and was stunning. We parked along the roadside and made our way down the stairs to the small stretch of sand wedged below towering cliffs. The water was an incredible turquoise and as one of the only sand beaches it was magic. We set ourselves up for a few hours before realising we should at least try to see any more similar beaches along this stretch of coast before sunset.

    Once into Kaş we found a cool little beach out on the peninsula. With the remaining sunlight we got the mask and snorkel out for the first time. While there wasn’t much to look at, the water was stunningly clear and warm enough to at least fool around for a while.

    Kaş turned out to be a very cool beachside village vibe that we were disappointed we didn’t have more time to check out. Along with things like freediving and climbing, there were plenty of old Greek ruins to explore as well. Definitely somewhere to come back one day.
    Read more