Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10–16

    Antalya, Turkey

    November 19, 2023 in Turkey ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    To drop the car off we needed to drive back to Milas from Marmaris in the morning. We had booked onto the 11 am Bus from Milas but with little faith in the car hire company we arranged to drop it back at 8:30 am. With some minor issues we made it to the Bus station and boarded the bus for a full-day trip back East to Antalya. The weather had significantly deteriorated to cold and rainy so a day on the bus was quite welcomed. Even with some icy rain coming in on our last rest stop before arriving.

    We had booked 6 nights in Antalya with the plan to have a break from the constant travelling. With the cooling weather, we got a nice apartment a block back from a long beach and settled into a refreshing schedule of regular exercise and work on our projects.

    Antalya is known to be the biggest tourist centre along the turquoise coast and it was the biggest town we’d been in since Istanbul. We went into the Old Town one afternoon for a look around but apart from this, the week was pretty non-eventful.

    On a future trip to this area we would definitely check out a few of the beaches south of here. The main highlight I’m pretty disappointed we didn’t get to is a naturally occurring eternal flame in the mountainside. Just above Olympus Beach is Mount Chimaera which has natural vents spouting perpetual flames above the ruins of the temple of Hephaistos. Again, on the list of sights for the next trip here.
    Read more