Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Jessie’s Birthday

    January 8 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Of all the places we’d been over the past few months, I couldn’t think of anywhere better suited to spend Jessie’s birthday. The longer stay booked in our treehouse had let us settle in and enjoy being off the road for a change. And as well as that, we were in Mexico, at the beach and it was warm!

    Having done a big hike the day before we woke up early and simply relaxed for the morning. We had researched the best cafe in Sayulita and found a cute place tucked into an alley with a fantastic menu. A Mexican classic Huevos Rancheros and a deluxe French Toast had us sorted for most of the day.

    We had planned a beach day however the day turned out to be the cloudiest of our entire stay. We made the most of having a full kitchen in the treehouse with some fresh fruit and plenty of Tequila from our tasting the day before. My specialty cocktail since meeting Jessie and her all-time favourite is a Margarita. (Well played I hear you say 😆). So in the land of Tequila and limes the afternoon was pretty much locked in. We eventually made it back to the street for lunch and found another incredible taco place. This time it specialised in fish and prawn tacos that had a selection of toppings and hot sauces to kinda build your own. But the fish and prawns were incredible.

    In the afternoon we wandered down to the beach and caught the sunset as the clouds cleared just for us. Feliz Complianõs mi Corazon ❤️
    Read more