Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    We have fallen in love with Boston

    February 13, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    What an amazing city Boston is, there is beauty around every corner, the architecture, the green spaces, the cobblestone, the water and I could go on and on and on.

    We started our day getting up at 8.30am (as we only went to bed at 12.30am as we were both charged from getting in late to our hotel after a day of travel).

    We went out onto the street to find somewhere for breakfast. Saw a sign for Starbucks and followed that and stumbled across a huge supermarket. As we have quite a large fridge in our room, we bought groceries for breakfast, lunch/dinner and snacks which saves a lot of money eating out.

    We headed back to our room and had some breakfast before setting off the explore this amazing city.

    First port of call was Copley Square, this just blew us away with the beauty of the old buildings. We then headed towards the Cheers bar for lunch but as we were walking we stumbled across the Commonwealth Avenue Mall. What a beautiful green space in the city, lined with amazing brownstone buildings. Along the walk are statues of people which all tell the history of Boston.

    After this little detour, we reset the google maps and headed towards the Cheers Bar. What a quaint little bar it is, very small and so busy. We bought a few souvenirs before sitting down for lunch. Dave had clam chowder which I nearly vomited with the taste but he loved it!

    A quick stop back to our room to rug up as although it was 5 degrees it had a feels like temp of -2.5 because of the wind. We were heading to the Seaport District and thought it best to be warm.

    A long walk to the Seaport District and wow it blew our minds. More beauty. I said to Dave what more could you ask for, a city that gets super cold, it has water, many parks and architecture that I would never get tired of looking at.

    From here we walked along the water for quite a while before resetting google maps to head back to our hotel.

    On the way home we walked past the State Building which overlooks Boston Common, a large park. Within Boston Common is the Frog Pond which at this time of the year is a skating rink.

    While we were walking through the Common we saw a red cattle dog just like Macie (minus a tail though). Every time we are in the States we see heaps and heaps and heaps of Louie’s (poodles) but never any Macie’s. So I just had to take a photo and as you can see from the photo, the dog’s owner was very happy we were taking the photo. A little further and we were back to our hotel.

    A total of 20.3kms walked today. We have had the most amazing day and much more to explore tomorrow.
    Read more