Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Hello Phoenix

    February 15, 2023 in the United States

    Arriving in Phoenix on time, disembarking was quick and we made our way to the baggage claim. Once at baggage claim, a quick look at the monitor showed our luggage would be at carousel 3.

    Dave bags came out quick, but mine didn’t and we were starting to think mine had gone somewhere else but alas they must just have been in a different section of the plane.

    Air Canada broke wheels on 2 of our bags with the one with 4 wheels loosing a wheel and the one with 2 wheels having one hanging but it still working. Well Delta completely wrecked this bag and we have a big hole in the bag where the wheel has come off. We will try and get another bag at the outlet shops in Vegas at the end of our road trip.

    Once we got our bags, we headed to the skytrain to take us to car rental area which was about a 6min ride. Made our way to the Sixt car rental, paid for our car which was to be a Jeep Grand Cherokee however we got a Toyota 4Runner instead.

    Loaded our luggage (I need to learn to pack less but it’s so hard to know what you will need for such a long trip that goes from one side of the country to the other), a quick get to know the car and where everything was and we were off, our first time driving in the States for this holiday. Both Dave and I hate getting out of cities we don’t know and Phoenix is no better with 6 lanes at times, the navigation system speaking in miles and just both being stressed.
    Read more