Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Relaxing day in Moab

    March 1, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    We woke up to glorious snow again today so we just sat around watching it before heading down for breakfast. And then after breakfast we sat in the common seating area of the hotel looking out over the pool watching the snow fall.

    As the snow started to ease we went back to our room to rug up to walk downtown (we staying about 2.5kms out of town). We had a very enjoyable walk around town. We were taking our photo at the Greetings from Moab sign when a guy pulled up and said jokingly ‘Get away from my sign’. He said he drove past and saw us taking our photos and had to come to speak with us and take a photo of us together. He introduced himself as Dan Mick from Dan Mick's Guided Jeep Tours Official and we had a great chat and even got a photo together!

    Headed back to the hotel for some lunch and a bit of a rest of our legs (even though we only walked 8kms it felt like we had walked 30kms as our legs are so sore from our hikes).

    This afternoon, we took a long drive around the backroads of the township looking at the residential side of Moab. Didn’t realise so many families lived here but soon did as we drove past 2 schools at end of school time.

    A quick trip to the Arches National Park sign for a quick photo then it was time to head back for dinner.

    We have had a truly amazing time in Moab, onto Torrey tomorrow to explore the Capitol Reef National Park.
    Read more