Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Last day in Springdale

    March 7, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    We woke up and had breakfast (got it as breakfast to go this time, didn’t want to deal with the rude waiter) and made our way to Zion to do the Scenic Drive and stop at some trails to do some exploring.

    First stop was the visitors centre to have a look around. While we were there we saw that the Scenic Drive had been closed as there were too many cars on the road and in the parking lots. We decided to do the other road on the outskirts of the park and when we got back down to the entrance to the drive we thought surely it would be open. Unfortunately it wasn’t so we came back to the visitors centre, did a little walk along the Virgin River before going on a drive to the other side of town and back to the hotel for lunch.

    After a bit of a relax, we did a huge walk around town, going into the residential areas to see where everyone lives. We loved this.

    While Springdale is a beautiful township surrounded by the rock walls of the National Park, and the National Park has some spectacular scenery, it has been our least favourite places to visit due to not being able to see things. It just isn’t set out very well I don’t think and it’s so much busier than everywhere we have been but I think that is because of its locality to Vegas.

    Anyway we can say we have been and explored. Probably not a place we would come back to again.

    Next stop Vegas tomorrow with a stop off at Hoover Dam. We meet up with Kenzie in Vegas to continue our adventure through Vegas and San Francisco.
    Read more