Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Vegas Baby

    March 8, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Today was pretty much a travel day where we left Springdale Vegas bound.

    Dave follows a guy on YouTube who does offroad recoveries in a place called Hurricane. It just so happened that Hurricane was on our way to Vegas and was only about half an hour out of Springdale. Set the GPS for Matt’s Offroad Recovery and we were on our way. There looked to be a meet and greet out the front with quite a few people lining up but we just wanted to see where it was. I saw Lizzy drive out as well as the Morrvair but Dave was driving and didn’t see it.

    Back on the road Hoover Dam bound this time. First it was a stint on the crazy interstate but we survived. Driving into Hoover Dam you have to go through a security checkpoint where you need to wind all your windows down for the security officer to look into your car and you answer questions about firearms and drones. We got through this and it was time to explore.

    From our last visit back in 2017, Lake Mead has lowered substantially as the states around it have been in continuous drought and there hasn’t been much run off from snow falls.

    It was back on the road again through Boulder City and then Henderson before hitting the crazy interstate again to get into Vegas. If we didn’t have to go through hair-raising traffic at the beginning and end of our road trip, it would be the perfect experience.

    We made it to the rental car drop off without any incidents. We worked out that have driven and explored 3023kms of this amazing country in 21 days and we have loved every minute of our road tripping.

    We sat at the car rental hub until Kenzie made her way over to us. Her flight was a little delayed as they had to circle for a while waiting for a time to land but it wasn’t by too much.

    Ordered an Uber, had to be an extra large one as we have quite a bit of luggage and he turned up within 5 mins and we were on our way to The Cromwell.

    Unpacked and it was time to explore the Strip and have dinner.
    Read more