Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Rainy San Fran

    March 14, 2023 in the United States ⋅ 🌬 13 °C

    We woke up a little late this morning as we only got to bed about 12.30am after the basketball. Unfortunately we woke up to rainy windy weather and it said that it was to continue all day.

    We had quite a bit planned today and got most of it done but still quite a bit to do on our last day tomorrow.

    We set off to go through the San Francisco Maritime National Park, which the entry fee was included in our National Park Pass. Thank goodness it was as it really wasn’t worth the $15 per person entry fee we would have had to pay. It said that the entry fee covers entry onto all the ships within the park. Not sure why but all the ships were closed off except 1.

    From here we went to see the sea lions again as Kenzie didn’t get to see them yesterday. Well they didn’t disappoint again, I really could watch them all day. One little guy was sitting in the middle of the Pier 39 sign, it was like he was posing and inviting everyone to take a photo of him!

    Then it was shopping time, Kenz wanted to buy a few things as did we. While shopping Kenzie and I went on the gorgeous carousel at Pier 39.

    By the time we had finished shopping, the rain had gone and the sun was shining so we headed back to our room for a quick lunch and then we were going to go for a ride on the historic cable cars. Well by the time we had finished our lunch and headed outside the rain had come back. We still headed towards the depot and the closest we got the heavier the rain got. We bought our tickets and lined up but the rain just got too heavy, the fog thick and the wind strong so we decided to go through a few more shops before heading back for a relaxing afternoon (well what was left of it, it was 5.30pm). We will head there first thing in the morning.

    Last full day here tomorrow before the long haul flight home Thursday. It is supposed to be sunny all day tomorrow so a big day is planned!

    A hilarious moment happened on the way back to our hotel. Kenzie ordered a takeaway hot chocolate from Starbucks and was asked her name - she said ‘ah Mackenzie’. Check out the name on the cup 😂😂😂
    Read more