Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    lundbom lake east campsite

    July 12, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Nice little campsite on the east side of the lake. We went to see if there were any sites on the south east side where we had been in 2016, but the lake water was so much higher all the beach sites were flooded. Where I had hung the hammock between trees was now beach front. amazing how much water was in the lake and how much more of the shore areas were flooded. the camp host said that it was like this for the last 2 years..

    the site we had was right on the water, small path to leave the canoe and sit on the water. nice and breezy so that kept the bugs at bay during the day.....not so at night we had to put up the bug house as it was just too much.

    Yellow salsify -Yellow Salisify -Trapopogon dubious
    - Salsify from french Salsifis and latin Solsqeuium - Sol -sun, Sequium -follower a plant that follows the sun

    Verbascum -thapsus - great mullein -
    -Eurasian origin. common low to mid elevations disturbed, gravely sites, fields and pastures. biennial. Greek legend has it that ulysses, hermes and circe used this plant in their incantations and witchcraft. hedge taper and torch are derived from the practice of dipping the plant in suet and burning it as a candle or torch. Interior native poples used to smoke the dried leaves.
    Read more