Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    last day lundbom lake

    July 14, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    another early? this time 1000 am canoe ride, lots of birds again. nice and calm.

    Yellow salsify - trapopogon dubious
    -low to mid elevations throughout dry plateus, grasslands, roadside fields and disturbed sites.
    -Salsify from french Salsifis and latin Solsqeuium - Sol -sun, Sequium -follower a plant that follows the sun

    short beaked agoseris?? -agoseris glauca var dasycephala
    -orange arnica should have mainly stalked basal leaves., opposite, and more sunflower like flowers. rays and disk. this one has mostly ray flowers....but not really basal leaves and not opposite.....
    -agoseris glauca var dasycephala- basal leaves, composite heads with yellow ray flowers and no disk flowers. widespread and common at low to high elevations in dry florists openings and mesic to dry meadows. this close to the outhouses very open south facing slope

    the bughouse -sure comes in handy, we haven't had to use it since we went to Prince Rupert with the kids in 2013

    colin and the dog resting before the canoe ride in the cool morning sunshine. mosquitos were so so in the earlier part of the day. worse at night.

    got another nice swim in later in the afternoon as it was very hot, no wind today so you needed to dunk to get refreshed. this time i didn't stand around and no leaches! had a quick outdoor shower to clean off any potential swimmers itch, and to get my hair clean.

    we left at 330, took till 430/500 to get to Hope. had some ice-cream which took a bit as DQ was quite slow. then continued on our way home and were home by 730 pm. it takes a good 3 1/2 to 4 hours when traffic is good. But a nice quick escape into a completely different plant zone so very exciting!
    Read more