Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 14

    eve stroll ronda

    25 maja 2022, Hiszpania ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    walked to the old town . the drive in was gradual and around the north side of ronda. walking down the main st - ave Malaja- it goes right into the shopping street- Carrera Espinel- . at the end you are at the bull ring- Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda-. the art of bull fighting was founded here in Ronda and they worship the first matador who developed rules around the sport -
    Pedro Romera. Ronda was freed from the moors on 1485 by isabel and Ferdinand. Philip II (grandson) decreed the sport of bull fighting in 1572. he did this to keep the royal calvary in shape. this bull ring was constructed in the 18th century and is made entirely of stone. we then walked to the Alameda del Tajo (almada is mall and del tajo is pit) thuis is a 19th century park laid out in geometric patterns, hedges and some amazing trees. at the west end of this park you come to the cliff.....and what a cliff. this looks over the Rock called the El Tajo de ronda. tbe mountains around here are of limestone and are part of the Baetic Cordillera that starts in Morocco and extends to southern spain. the town of ronda itself sits on top of a sloping plateau called the depression of Ronda. The Guadalevín river carves it's way through Jurassic limestone ( yes there are sea fossils in these rocks) at the bottom the power from the river use to power some flour mills until a land slide in 1917 took most of the mills out.
    see https://dickschmitt.com/travels/spain/malaga_pr…
    for more info.
    saw a flock of sheep or maybe it was a heard of goats and their shephard witb his dogs down on a lower slope being led down to the lower road.
    Czytaj więcej