Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Dallas

    May 27, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Route 66, known affectionately as "The Mother Road" is the quintessential cross-country road trip experience. From Chicago through the beating heart of America and down to Los Angeles, the route officially ends at the Santa Monica Pier. The road reached peak popularity in the late 40's and early 50's before being officially removed from the US Highway System in 1985. After a few years, travelers from America and beyond started feeling tinges of nostalgia, and by the end of the 1980's it was fast becoming one of the most popular road trip routes once more.

    Vinit and I had always wanted to travel the historic route 66 that stretches from Chicago to Santa Monica, spanning over more than 5 states. We picked memorial weekend this year, time of the year that transitions from spring to summer, the most ideal and pleasant weather pretty much all along this historic highway, to finally do this road trip, we plan to do this from Dallas TX to Santa Ana CA. Accompanying us is Vinit's brother, Harshal who is visiting us from India & he sure is for a big surprise!!!

    The first highlight of this exciting trip was a quick pit stop at Starbucks to meet my childhood friend Melody along with her husband Danny & just turned one year old Liam, such an adorable and playful toddler ... missing him already :(
    Read more