Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 1

    Travel Day: Wichita to Monterrey, Mexico

    25. desember 2022, Forente stater ⋅ ⛅ 50 °F

    It's not often that we start a trio from Wichita, but here we go! Let's rewind a few days... We flew into Wichita to spend a few days celebrating Christmas. It was a struggle bus of a journey to Kansas -- Holden started the trip with a fever, then E one-upped him by barfing at the gate in STL. It was an exhausting travel day, which pretty well set the tone for our stay in ICT. We arrived in Wichita the night before Winter Storm Elliot blew in and dropped us all into the coldest and deepest freeze I've ever experienced with wind chills were in the -20°s. Everett struggled with a gnarly cough all week, which has kept us all pretty weary.

    Fortunately by the time Christmas rolled around, we were feeling decent and the Christmas spirit is always a mood lifter. We had a great holiday with my brother, his family and my Dad. This was the first Christmas without my mom, but we still found a lot of joy with each other.

    Sunday finally rolled around and we packed up and headed to the airport. Because of the winter storm earlier in the week, flights were majorly disrupted. Our first flight was over an hour late and then we landed in time for a 7 hour layover at DFW (was supposed to be 2 hours). We killed time by riding the Skylink train A LOT and sitting wherever we could find space. Then the layover gods smiled on us and we stumbled onto the swankiest public airport lounge where we killed the last 2 hours of our layover.

    We didn't arrive in Monterrey until after midnight and between waiting for customs, baggage and finding a ride, we didn't make it to the hotel until 2am. A very long day, but we made it.
    Les mer