Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Sequoia National Park i.e massive trees

    April 24, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Loved Sequoia, super cold up at the top but the trees were massive... like... properly huge! Have a look at the last photo and you'll see a tiny little person at the bottom of the tree! Saw the biggest tree in the world "General Sherman Tree". Not the tallest or the widest but the most amount of tree... not sure how they work that out.

    Also found what can only be the US answer to Stelvio Pass. 10 miles of chicanes and hairpins taking me down from 4500ft to 2500ft and where skippy hit 5000 miles... an emotional day.

    Also turns out Fresno and surrounding miles are just covered in pistachio farms, miles and miles of pistachio farms. Fun fact - Apparently the US grows about 40% of the world pistachios and 99% of those are grown around Fresno. However pistachios apparently come with Pistachio beetles, they hit like bullets, peppering the helmet and jacket until one catches you in the neck and hurts like a bitch!

    Driving back to last nights campsite I found a better one! Right on a lake, looking over mountains (hills) with eagles flying around.
    Read more