Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 7

    The day before the 4th...

    3 de julho de 2023, Estados Unidos ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Sunday Morning in Tennessee and most people are going to church...we decided to make a detour to here…Country Music Hall of Fame. Having been before I kind of knew what to expect...The girls were just in awe of many of the displays and exhibits...it really does a historical tour walking you through the evolution of country music .... and believe me there have been many twists and turns...but what part of life has not been that way???
    This is a self guided tour where you get a headset and opt to listen to which exhibit you would like info or music on...extremely well done and even if it is busy there is no ambient noise....The costumes, wardrobes (many actual performance worn clothes etc) the cars, concert clips, reader boards...it really is a lot to take in... The girls were especially taken by the opportunity to record their own song in the Taylor Swift 'Mobile".

    Interesting for me was that they have added and changed so much that at times it was a different venue....I am sure that this is the Museum business aspect but quite amazing.
    After, we decided that we had absorbed what is more than a Sunday brain can take in, so we decided to fink a Honky Tonk BBQ place...Rippy's second floor directly across from the Bridgestone centre had space...we are IN!!! Sometimes not easy with under 21's..(in fact I was once id’d!!!)
    Unfortunately Makenna was somewhat under the weather so that was not good...had a great singer..hope he shows on the video... Just a small local band and believe me there are 'hundreds' in town ...most hope for bigger things and also unfortunately there are many who gave up for whatever reason, but still stay in town.
    Came back to Opryland area and our group (girls had invited friends from previous events) and goes to show how hard it is to get a table for 11...of course, we waited 2 hours!!! but in effort to keep all happy this was required...
    On a personal note the best Cat Fish in years!

    Leila was in bed early because this is when you really find out what time you start.

    Makenna is now feeling much better!!! Leila has an early morning so must call it a night.

    All in all I think we have enjoyed our stay herein Nashville 'MUCHO"!!!
    Leia mais