Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 7

    Day 3 at Sea - Crossing Equator!

    16 oktober 2023, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    One of the parts of the trip I’ve been the most excited for! Crossing the equator!

    This was the first time ever Disney has had a presence in the southern hemisphere! They have no parks or cruise ships currently located out here and as of this evening they now do. In typical Disney fashion, it was a huge event.

    In the afternoon we had King Tritons Royal Trial of Equatorial Passage. We learned that kissing a fish was a common rite of passage for those crossing the equator. We also got a fun certificate from going from Pollywogs (never crossed equator) to Shellbacks (crossed equator)!

    This evening we had a party again at 10:30 for the official crossing of the equator. I decided to fact check Disney and confirm they actually crossed when they said we did, and as you see from my compass we truly did! On the dot. A few days back our captain said he was going fast to ensure we made it in time for the party, and we ended up going so fast that they took time today to wrap up some propeller testing from the dry dock the ship had.

    We had a beautiful sunset tonight too, these photos are unedited and the colors were amazing.

    In addition to this huge Disney first tonight, it’s also the 100th anniversary of the Walt Disney company today. So cool to be apart of this monumental day on a huge anniversary!
    Läs mer