Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Sydney, Australia Day Two.

    March 3 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    The weather forecast for today promised warmer sunny weather. Yesterday was periods of rain. So for today we decided to go to Bondi beach and walk 5.5km along the shore to Googee beach. It considered one of the best things to do outside of the city.
    We took two public buses to get to Bondi beach. Beautiful beach, lots of people even early in the morning. After all, it is sunny warm Sunday.
    We started our walk. We knew it will be hilly, which is no problem for us. Boris is on the wheelchair with the motor, but what we did not know there are lots of steps. He can walk steps, but I cannot carry his wheelchair.
    I came up with a plan to use public bus that goes along the shore to hop from one beach to another. The space between busses about 20 min, that will give us time to walk a little and take pictures.
    My plan worked really good. When we reached Googee beach, we spent more time there, had lunch and took bus and then light rail to get to the city. Unlimited public transportation ride for the whole day is $8.50.
    We spent another hour in the city and back to the shuttle that took us to our temporary home.

    We will have two sea days in Tasman Sea before reaching Milford sound.
    Read more