Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    Fakarava, Tuamotu, French Polynesian.

    March 28, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Fakarava is an atoll in the west of the Tuamotu group in French Polynesia. It is the second largest of the Tuamotu atolls.
    The atoll is roughly rectangular and has a wide and deep lagoon.

    We booked a private 4 hours snorkelling tour.
    As soon as we got off tender boat, we were met by our guide and directed to a boat. The boat had six seats in three rows. Each seat for two people.

    After 45min of fast and bumpy ride we arrived to an incredible blue lagoon. We were given one hour to snorkel. The water is crystal clear with lots of fish and corals.
    After swim…we were offered a snack and then another 45-50min of even rougher ride to the reef.

    Another hour snorkelling. This time the water is much deeper and full of sharks. I could see 5-6 sharks at the time under and close to me. That was probably the best snorkelling I’ve ever done. Too bad no camera.

    Back on the boat and another rough ride, we were back on the pier.
    We checked few stalls for the souvenirs, but did not find anything interesting.
    It was getting incredibly hot, so we took tender boat back to the ship.

    Luckily, our friend took tons of videos and we downloaded them to our laptop.
    Read more