Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Honolulu to Seattle

    July 29, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Another big day on the road or more accurately, in the air. Checked in at Hawaiian Air at one Terminal then walked and walked and walked across another Terminal to our departure gate. Had we known the distance involved we definitely would have got the shuttle. Not good for Neil's leg! No meal on the plane as there were no vegetarian options and there are no options when booking flights with Hawaiian Air to give a food preference or special food needs. Definitely a negative for flying with them if you are not a carnivore. Most other airlines we have flown with have a vegetable/meat choice during flight or the option to choose when booking. Enough whinging. The flight otherwise was good. No one more whinge - no in flight entertainment in economy unless you pay ....... this is not a budget airline.
    Arrived at 10.30pm in Seattle and luckily there was a bakery open in baggage claim with very nice veggie wraps. So we didn't fade away after all. Then followed marathon walk number 2 for the day. Up elevators, out of the airport, across a massive carpark, follow the signs, follow the signs to the elusive light rail. Finally it materialised and we on our way to Capital Hill, Seattle, arriving at midnight. Outside the station we searched for the taxi rank that we assumed would be there outside a station but no there wasn't one. Enter stage left the helpful station cleaner who went and found the taxi number off the security, rang the taxi company and generally saved our day. Midnight found us lumbering up numerous steps to our Airbnb studio then promptly hitting the sheets.
    Read more