Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Totem Bight State Historical Park

    August 7, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    We are certainly blessed with the weather. It has been another amazing day. The locals feel that it is a bit too hot but are happy that after a long wet summer they are finally having sunshine.
    Caught the local silver line bus out to Totem Bight. The numbers on the bus were reasonable and everyone was having a whole bus conversation until we hit the docks and were invaded with cruisers. Packed in like sardines we travelled out of town along the coastline of the island. Could have been a picturesque journey but as we were facing into the the sardine can we were unable to see a thing.
    At the park the wind was blowing in off the water and was quite cold. Jackets would have been a good accessory but we neglected to pack them in. The walk to the totem are was through forrest, beautiful but we needed to hit the sunny areas.
    Dinner was at the New York Cafe just down the road from our studio. We shared a vegetarian mezze plate and it was greatly enjoyed by both of us.
    I am trying to sample a different Alaskan beer each time I partake and I think that I can give the local beers the thumbs up.
    Read more