Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Juneau to Skagway

    August 21, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Our stay in Juneau for the time being was just a brief one. Today we returned to the ferry terminal early in the morning to reboard the Malaspina bound for Skagway.
    We reunited with Ruth and Steve for our final leg together. The ferry time had been rescheduled to an earlier time. Ruth and Steve were lucky that the ferry crew were having difficulty loading a few vehicles as they were unawares of the time change and arrived in the nick of time.
    We arrived late afternoon in Skagway, a cute little town in the Klondike National Park. A cute little town dwarfed by the huge cruise ships. This will be another town that will be good at the end of the day when the masses have returned to their ships for dinner. Mile Zero is our BnB just a short walk from downtown. Well I think anywhere in Skagway would be a short walk from downtown. She just isn't that big.
    Neil hurt his bad leg this afternoon getting the luggage down from the trolley and seems to have torn or strained his adductor longus, the muscle that stretches from the knee up the inside of the thigh to the groin and across to the hip. He doesn't seem to be able to win a trick at the moment.
    Dinner was Thai, near to Ruth and Steve's hotel.
    Read more