Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 81

    Tronto to Niagara

    October 15, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Taxi to the coach terminal, mega bus to Niagara Falls, taxi to our guest house.
    First impression of our guesthouse and the area that it is in - not dissimilar to Katoomba.
    Of course when we arrive at 2pm we are an an hour early for going up to our room. All right we’ll search out a restaurant for a late lunch or early dinner. The guesthouse is on River Drive, ie. we are right across the road from the river, and a pleasant walk towards the falls.
    Eyes right towards the magnificent falls, eyes left up Capitol Hill. OMG, What is that? Niagara Falls, the amusement park - gaudy, kitch, noisy, vulgar, tacky and tasteless. A street dedicated to the crass, like sideshow alley at carnivals. This was the area that had been recommended for us to find somewhere to eat. You think? It was hard but eventually we found an Indian Restaurant that wasn’t too bad.
    Back to the guesthouse to settle into our comfortable rooms. Yes rooms, bedroom and sitting room! And bathroom of course.
    After dark we headed back down to the falls to see them illuminated. Beautiful! Tomorrow we will explore them properly.
    Even the garish Capitol Hill looked passable at night.
    Read more