Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 84

    Niagara Falls to Ottawa

    October 18, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Coach to Ottawa - 2hours, train to Ottawa - 4 and 1/2 hours and quick taxi ride to our Airbnb.
    The Via Rail train ride to Ottawa was a totally different experience to our ride on The Canadian. The. carriages are updated ones, there were no stops for freight trains with the train rocketing along the tracks at a great pace.
    We had hoped to get something to eat before we boarded the train but had been unable to find vegetarian at the station but so glad we hadn’t. We bought a vegetarian plate each on the train and it filled the empty spot beautifully - carrots, capsicum, tomatoes, hummus, whole grain crackers, trail mix and cheese.
    The countryside between Toronto and Ottawa was undulating green farmlands, grazing cattle and veggie crops dotted by small country towns.
    When we arrived at our apartment we were unable to unlock the door and thought that perhaps we needed two keys instead of the one we were given. After a spell wandering around wondering what to do as Richard, our Hirt, was at an award ceremony for a neighbour, Neil had another go. Et voila! We were in!
    Read more