Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Montreal to Quebec City

    October 29, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Another rainy day train journey. If it’s going to rain what better way to spend it. Although heavy rain has been predicted that has’t happened yet. We had a Moroccan cab driver pick us up and transfer us to the station. He was an excellent cabby and interesting to talk to. Happily handled the bags which was good as Neil’s back is still troubling him. The taxi rank is covered at the station so we arrived dry.
    There was a very decent cafe at the station with lots of options so we had a small lunch while waiting for the train. The train was bang on time as they tend to be in the ‘corridor’. We had to check in our bags on this train as it seemed to be a fairly new one with no large bag space in the carriages. We took our bags on board with us on the other two trains that we have caught in the corridor. It is far better to check them in - no worries about getting them on and off the train . That can be difficult if you have to take 3 or 4 step up into the carriage with a heavy suitcase. Ours aren’t by any means light! The seats were comfy and and the 4 hour journey passed pleasantly. The farmlands we travelled through were beautiful, the rivers we passed along or over, huge. Just a shame it was a grey dismal day.
    Our apartment is just a short distance from the station in Quebec but my phone battery was almost flat and we couldn’t follow google maps as it wasn’t getting our position properly. We ended up walking twice the distance, in the rain, but we did arrive.
    The apartment - tres chic, tres magnifique! Wow! Perfect!
    Settled quickly, wrote out a list and ventured to the supermarket in the dark and the rain. Job complete. The rain may be heavier tomorrow.
    Read more