Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    Last Road Stop - Lunenburg

    November 19, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Our last day on the road -last day of an amazing road journey.
    Yesterday the weather was windy, cold but sunny. Today - early rain and wind cleared marginally to bleak skies, occasional showers and lots of wind. Oh well, what to do with the weather?
    Today’s trail was The LIghthouse Trail. The road meandered in and out of gorgeous coves and picturesque villages. Although the distance as the crow flies to Lunenburg was not significant , the meandering coastal road was slow and time was moving on so we opted to get back on the main road so we could explore tie UNESCO Historic Village of Lunenburg.
    We booked into our beautiful old inn, The Mariner King Inn, and the skies opened up, the rain flogged down. No exploring for us today. Luckily the rain cleared off in the evening for us to go to the Salt Shaker for dinner. I have so enjoyed the small restaurant/bars that we have had the opportunity to eat at during this journey. They have usually been local watering holes and eateries and have had a warm and inviting ambience. The Salt Shaker did not break the mould - nice!
    Read more