Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 124

    Happy Birthday - We're off to Boston

    November 27, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    Happy Birthday Neil we are going to Boston. Or perhaps not.
    Up at 3.30 so we could get the shuttle to the airport at 4.30. Check in went smoothly. Flight departure time came and went. The flight will be delayed was announced three or four times, each time the delay getting longer. I accused Neil of being a glass half empty person when he stated that he doubted that we were going anywhere as he had heard bad rumours about Air Canada. He was right again. We were going nowhere - the flight was cancelled — bags were on the carousel for us to collect then wait and wait to see what happens. In the end we received an email with new flights for tomorrow. I tried to change the flights to later ones today to no avail so tomorrow it is.
    I inquired about accommodation and Air Canada put us up in the Holiday Inn Express and a shuttle was organised to take us there. We were also given a food voucher covering breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not princely sums but as the airline had already given us a food voucher at the airport that covered breakfast and we skipped lunch the hotel combined the amounts for a dinner voucher. As the hotel didn’t serve dinner we were shuttled to a Pizza joint to spend the voucher.
    Generally I don’t do pizza but that restaurant was our only choice or pay for it ourselves elsewhere. Being of good Scottish blood in my not too distant ancestry i opted we go for pizza. Well I was pleasantly surprised, not only did our Mediterranean Veggie pizza not kill me, I enjoyed it.
    Although we were not impressed that the flight had been cancelled Air Canada looked after us and although we have lost a day in Boston we are not out of pocket for the ordeal.
    Happy Birthday Neil!
    Read more