Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 148

    Washington to Nashville

    December 21, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Up at sparrow fart for 5.20am shuttle pickup. After the Boston taxi debacle and our Washington cabbie dropping us off at the wrong address I was a little nervous about it but it all went like a dream and we arrived at Dulles Airport with plenty of time up our sleeve.
    With my only knowledge of United Airlines being when they hit the news back home for forcibly removing a doctor from one of their overbooked planes I was also a tad nervous about what to expect with the airline. However it was all smooth sailing or flying in this case. The flight was almost on time and the flight attendant friendly and courteous. The interior of the plane could do with a bit of an update but all in all it was a good flight.
    So we arrived in Nashville and had our bags just after 9.30am and had till 3pm for check in at our apartment. How to kill the next 5hours? We started with breakfast at Tootsie’s Airport Cafe. The cafe had Joe West entertaining the punters waiting for their flight or having a bight to eat after their flight as we were. He was good so we ate our delicious breakfast and settled in to enjoy the singing. Our host messaged and we ended up being able to checkin early as there was no one in the apartment last night. Great news. We listened to Joe a little longer, got a cab and headed in to Nashville.
    We settled in, did a grocery shop, bit of a wander in our hood and that was our day.
    Read more